Monday, January 31, 2005

  MSG

waw MSG aja gituh lu masukin pantes aja pusing2MSG = Mono Sodium Glutamate has been found to be more toxic than all other food toxins, poisons and allergens.!!! Patients have stronger reactions to MSG than arsenic or mercury. MSG is a sodium salt of Glutamic Acid, an amino acid and is a drug. It acts as an excitatory neurotransmitter. It basically causes the nerve cells to discharge an electrical impulse and that's the basis of its use as a flavor enhancer. Food companies learned that MSG could increase the flavor and aroma and enhance acceptability of commercial food products.

I like to buy food from street vendor or street food stall, so one day when I wanted to buy some "GORENGAN" (various fries food mixed with flour) I saw the vendor was mixing the flour with one pack of MSG, so instead of salt, she put one big pack of MSG.. haiiya I canceled to buy that "GORENGAN", I have bought it for many years, but I just knew that they always use MSG for their food.

If I ordered baso or soto mi from street vendor, I usually  request no MSG, but for the gorengans I just knew that they use MSG too for the flours.. I never use or put MSG for my food, I always forbid my maid to use it, but once I have a maid, and I caught her hide a MSG in her pocket, after she put it in our food.. when I asked why she used it, she just said that MSG would make our food more delicious or yummy..

*itha said : actually it is useless that  I request no MSG, when I order baso or soto mi, because they have already put the MSG in the soup *kuah* whoaaa ...



eXTReMe Tracker