Wednesday, August 03, 2005

  ONCE UPON A TIME

I found these postcards and it's about Indonesia along time ago, I bought the postcards for just Rp 3.000,-/each (30 cent U$?), and I want to share it.


Cas Oorthuys (1908-1975)/Ijscoman, IndonesiĆ« ©
1995 Stichtig Nederlands Fotoarchief/Reproductionprohibited.
This is a street vendor that sell some kind of ice with syrup, read at "ys djempol" ys means ice, and Djempol maybe the brand , I don't know for sure what year this photo was taken. Look at their outfits, I think it is fashionable.


Charles Breijer (1914) / Fietstaxi,IndonesiĆ« ©
1995 Stichtig Nederlands Fotoarchief/Reproduction prohibited
The traffic at that time, this was a couple in a becak, and at the right was an ice cream street vendor "veronika ys cream lolly".



eXTReMe Tracker